Super Bolt safely and economically secures tilt-up braces to the slab without the inconvenience or uncertainty of cast-in-place inserts or expansion bolts. Super Bolt penetrates through the slab to engage the concrete at top and bottom in a vise like grip. Pullout strength is equivalent to a cast-in-place insert without the problems of locating inserts and adjusting braces while the crane and crew wait. Convenience combines with economy in this reusable system. Nothing is left in the slab or wasted. When bracing is no longer needed, simply disengage the brace, pry up the wedge and lift out. The entire system can be used over and over again. Quality materials guarantee strength and durability. The bolt section is a high tensile strength steel forging. The wedge is high strength cast ductile iron. Together they provide consistent safety and dependability.
1. Mark anchor location on floor and drill a 1-1/4” diameter straight hole through concrete floor slab.
2. Insert bolt through hole until eccentric head is below bottom of slab. Rotate until head is opposite brace shoe slot.
3. Insert wedge into hole adjacent to bolt on side of bolt that is stamped “WEDGE. Align ear on wedge to slot in brace shoe.
4. Drive wedge through hole to where ear contacts concrete, causing the eccentric head of the bolt to shift under bottom of slab.
5. Slide brace shoe tight against the bolt, assemble the washer and hand tighten the nut.
6. Using an electric impact wrench and Burke deep well socket, fully torque tighten the nut eliminating all slack in the assembly. This ensures proper engagement of the eccentric head on the bolt with the underside of the concrete floor slab.